Sunday, October 12, 2014

This is Literally Just Me Raving About my Favorite Movie that You've Probably Never Seen

Tonight was one of those nights where you watch While You Were Sleeping two times in a row because your babysitting job got cancelled and because it really is that good.

I mean I love everything about that movie and I don't have a favorite part but I do always think about how the day Lucy saves Peter's life is the same day he finally acknowledges her. And I can't stop wondering how many times he had slid his token under the window without so much as glancing in her direction, and how many times she watched him watch everything else.

I don't know I just think you should always acknowledge people. Maybe not for the usual reasons like they're going through a rough time or even because it's the right thing to do. Maybe we should just do it because what if they are secretly in love with us? I mean, I could tell you right now six different people I claim to be in love with but can't tell you anything about.

Even if Peter hadn't said Merry Christmas, Lucy still would have saved him and the story still would have unfolded the way it did. Except when she's standing at the altar admitting the truth to his family, she wouldn't have said "We hadn't even met until that day at the tracks."

And I like to think that coming full circle like that means something to the creators of the film, so it should mean something to me too, and it does.

All I'm saying is while you're dating Ashley Bartlet Bacon, you could be some Lucy's Peter Callaghan. And while you're Peter Callaghan's Lucy, you could be Lucy to Jack Callaghan too, so keep your eyes peeled and your smiles bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment