Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Adult Things I've Done Since March 22, 2015 So That You Don't Feel Worried About My Last Post:

  1. Got a job. Won't tell you where, but it's a very legit job. The government takes out taxes and everything. I even have a dress code.
  2. Drove on the freeway...all by myself. Only pulled over and cried once.
  3. Ate at a restaurant whose name I couldn't pronounce.
  4. Considered creating a 'Recipe' Pinterest board.
  5. Actually did my homework. Before dinnertime, even.
  6. Said 'things of that nature' in perfect context and meant it.
  7. Realized I'd made/reconnected with several old friends and this isn't an adult thing but I'm still very proud.
  8. Went an entire five days without television. This wasn't a lent thing. I was legitimately too busy.

Sometimes, you think you can conquer the world and sometimes you spend so much time in the school parking lot trying to tell yourself you can afford to ditch again that by the time you stop lying to yourself and go to class you're already five minutes late and that's a Saturday school anyway.

For the life of me I don't know how to roller blade or whistle or even put a fitted sheet on my bed but somehow I'm working two jobs, getting ready for AP exams, spending endless hours doing church stuff and always squeezing in Once Upon a Time Sunday nights at 8. You learn how to juggle it all because you have to, and once you get the hang of it, it's kind of fun.

So, here's to growing up and getting over it in hopes that one day we can afford bimonthly manicures and spotify premium.

No comments:

Post a Comment